Happy Friday! It is hard to believe a whole week has gone by since I have last blogged! It has been a crazy week that started with Halloween and ended with a sick kiddo. Halloween was so much fun. My brother, sister-in-law, nephew & niece, sister & mom all came over to trick or treat, hand out candy & hang out. It was a great time and the weather wasn’t too bad. The kids only went to about 10 houses before deciding they wanted to come in, warm up & check out their candy. The good thing about only going to a few houses is that there is not much candy hanging out here. It was more about hanging out with family as opposed to the candy, which I love. It will be a fun tradition to have as all the kiddos get older. How was your Halloween?
Tuesday it was beautiful here and as we were getting ready to head out the door for the park, my daughter said she wasn’t feeling well and asked if we could snuggle instead. I knew for sure that she was getting sick, she NEVER passes up a trip to the park! She woke up in the middle of the night with a high fever, sore throat, head ache & tummy ache…I knew immediately she had strep…we had gotten a letter home from school the week before that someone in her class had strep. I was hopeful that it had passed her by, but no luck this time. That is the bummer about school…germs! But it is good she will build up an immunity to it. I have had her on pro-biotics, but now I need to add some vitamin c, and vitamin d as we have less sunlight. We spent the better part of the week snuggling & she has been getting lots of rest. She is finally on the mend and should be back to her happy bouncy self in a few days.
Yesterday I had my 28 week appointment…HELLO 3rd trimester! I can’t believe that I am in the final trimester, it seems to be flying by. I know with the holidays and birthdays coming up these next few months are going to FLY by! I had to go my glucose test yesterday, yuck! That stuff is nasty and I am so happy that it’s over. I should get the results in a few days, but I am thinking that everything should be okay. I am pretty sure nesting is a thing because I am ready to start getting everything ready for little guy to be here. I went shopping and got some essentials (I’ll save that for another post), we got his room painted and I think we have picked our “theme”. I like something that is simple and can be kept as he gets older. I will make sure to share a nursery post when I get everything done. It is time for me to register at the hospital and I guess I should think about what I need to pack for the hospital. These next few weeks will be spent washing and organizing all his baby clothes and things he will need. I just know it will creep up on me if I don’t start now!
Okay… now that you are caught up on my week it is time for Friday Five #2! I will be sharing all my favorite things from the week. I would love to hear what your favorites from the week are! Share away!
1. This handmade shirt from The Green Flamingo Co. It is perfect for Thanksgiving and as a good reminder to our kiddos to be thankful & grateful for all they are blessed with. I am working with Carrie to create a few shirts for when the little guy is here and we get his newborn pictures taken with his big sister. She is the cousin of my cousin’s wife, and I saw her cute stuff posted on Facebook I knew I could go to her for some cute custom shirts. Her prices are reasonable and she is so easy to work with. I can’t wait to see the designs she has come up with. The Green Flamingo Co is my Featured Mommy Brand of the Week! You can get 10% off your order when you mention ‘I Am Mommy’ when you place your order. Be sure to check out her cute designs just in time for the holidays!
2. This vest from Motherhood Maternity! The weather here has been so up and down it is hard to keep track. This vest is perfect paired with a scarf when I am out running errands or running to school to drop off and pick up little girl. It keeps me warm enough, without getting too hot. I am already a furnace, but I know I need to keep warm on the really cold days, so it can be worn under a coat if needed because it isn’t too thick. I also think that I will be able to wear this when I am not pregnant…maybe! Motherhood Maternity has 30% off on all outer wear right now, so you can get this vest on sale! *I don’t get any commission from posting this…I just really like the vest! I am not partnered with them.
3. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I know I am a little behind the times on this one as it is a movie now, but I picked this up at the library and read it in less than a day. It was one of those books that once you pick it up you can’t put it down. I laughed and cried…cried a lot, hello pregnancy hormones! But it was such a good story and just flew by. I posted this picture on my Instagram and a friend told me there is a sequel! What?!? I am so excited to read it, Me After You. I am going to the library later today to see if they have it. I still want to see the movie although I know it won’t be as good as the book…the movies never are. Have you read it? Seen the movie? What are your thoughts?
4. This adorable sign I found on Pinterest while searching for some nursery ideas. This is a little hint to the “theme” we chose, but doesn’t give it all away. I have been pinning some cute ideas and some cute crafts I can make for his room too. I want to head to Michael’s and price out what it would cost for supplies to make some of the art for his room to see if I can do it cheaper than buying it. I also want to check out a few stores to see if I can find more reasonable priced pieces too. I know I have time, but I am trying to get as much done as soon as possible because I know life will get a lot busier when he is here and when I am a mommy of 2 kiddos! Where is your favorite place to find decor and art?
5. This quote! Now that we are getting closer to Thanksgiving and well Christmas I have been thinking about how to teach my 4 (almost 5) year old about gratitude. I have talked to her about what it means to be thankful for what you have and that we don’t need things to make us happy. Now that Christmas is approaching the kids channels have amped up the toy ads, and every time there is some new toy on she screeches…I WANT THAT! I say let’s cool it on the I want that, you have plenty of toys to play with. She says she will put it on her Christmas list, and I tell her that she won’t get everything on her list. I think that it is so hard to limit what she gets, because up until this baby is here she is and only child. For a while the only or the youngest grandchild so my husband and I, and our family are always getting her things…even when it’s not a birthday or holiday. So it is not her fault she loves getting new things, I mean what kid doesn’t?!? But I don’t want her to grow up to feel entitled to things and to not know how to be grateful for what she has. I Googled the topic, like most mothers do, and I found this article from The Today Show. It has some helpful tips. I also think I am going to create a gratitude calendar and have her tell me one thing she is grateful for each day before we start the day. We are also big readers in this house so I looked up some books that help to teach gratitude, this list looks like it has some great options. I am going to look at the library today too. Do you have any tips or ideas to help teach gratitude? Any good books? I would love to hear your ideas.
Thanks so much for stopping by! I am hoping that next week things will be calmer and I can get back on schedule with writing. Do you have anything to add to my Friday Five list today? Don’t forget to stop by my featured Mommy Brand: The Green Flamingo Co and get 10% off when you mention ‘I Am Mommy”. She has some really cute designs & can make you custom clothes as well!
Glad to have you here today!
Love in mommyhood,
*Today I am linking up with A.Liz Adventures, The Diary of a Real Housewife, Life In Leggings, The Farmers Wife, and Cup of Tea for some Friday Five posts. Be sure to head over and check them out as well.